Responsible for the execution of process design involving preparation of calculations and review of process design drawings in accordance to customer specifications, applicable codes, standards and other generally accepted practices in the design of industrial plants such as petrochemical and oil refineries.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To lead a process team to carry out process design engineering work in feasibility studies, Front End Engineering Design (FEED) and detail engineering design.
- To generate project specifications, design philosophy, PFDs, P&IDs, calculations, operation manuals to comply with clients’ requirement.
- To carry out process simulations and develop heat and material balances.
- To carry out process design for reactors, columns, drums, heat exchangers, tanks and develop respective process datasheets.
- To carry out hydraulic design for pumps, compressors, blowers and develop respective process datasheets.
- To conduct or attend P&ID design reviews, HAZOP, IPF, SIL studies, 3D model reviews.
- To check design outputs, datasheets and drawings prepared by Process Engineers to ensure accuracy and completeness to design requirements and concepts.
- To support the Construction Team during construction phase and carry out site checks.
- To support the Commissioning Team during plant or unit startup.
- To coordinate with Project Team and other Department Engineers to facilitate smooth progress of engineering work.
- To perform other functions that may be assigned by Department Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering.
- Minimum 10 years’ of experience expected.
- Ability to use computer equipment and peripherals to carry out routine computing tasks.
- Good knowledge in PRO/II, HYSYS, HTRI, AUTOCAD and Microsoft Office.
- Possess good communication and technical skills.
- Strong leadership qualities and analytical and reasoning abilities.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common technical information, contracts reports, international codes and standards.