20 days ago
Country of work
To fill by
No salary listed
Number of vacancies
- Develop procedures for the preparation of estimates for brown field and green field projects.
- Develop and prepare estimate plan; presentation of plan to all stake holders
- Receive the engineering estimate from the lead/project engineer and incorporate into the overall estimate for all phases of the work.
- Prepare rationale statements to support the estimate identifying areas of weakness and or areas of risk.
- Carry out validation and verification of the estimates using high level norms and by comparing with previous estimates, outcome costs and vendor prices and develop benchmark database
- Customize the estimate reports based on customer requirements
- The estimates are to include all phases of execution of the work from front end engineering through to closeout. Develop Cost estimates during all phases
- During the pre-engineering phase the estimator will compare estimates of alternative solutions and provide input to selection of the adopted option
- Responsible for the training and staffing of estimating department.
- Estimate project quantities and costs in the preparation of projects on a timely and cost effective basis.
- Prepare comprehensive estimate basis
- Monitor current competitive prices, new techniques and cost trends.
- Perform Monte carlo risk type analysis of cost estimates to determine contingency and accuracy level
- Fully aware of the international estimate standards AACE, ACCE (Ex K base) etc.
- Engineering qualification, preferred
- Minimum 15 to 20 years estimate experience
- Broad knowledge of EPCM project delivery strategies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Presentation skills (both external and internal stake holders)
- Familiarity in Microsoft (Excel, word, power point)
- Should be able to lead team of estimators