OTHERS, FOOD & NUTRITION
- Assess different health needs to provide professional nutrition advice and product-related recommendation. Develop nutrition-related educational materials as needed
- New product planning:
- Ideation: generate, develop, curate and prioritise ideas.
- Organise and define requirements based on market data and customer insights.
- Analyse industrial trends and do technology assessment.
- Evaluate scientific information to generate concepts for new product innovations; define
- Define product competitive positioning and unique selling proposition (USP).
- Prepare and execute new product development (NPD) plan, ensuring processes occur
within the necessary timeframes to deliver a product to market.
- Align cross-functional Scrum team through Agile methodology.
- New product development (NPD):
- Source for contract manufacturers and liaise with engineers/ formulators to develop new
product; be the main contact point with these suppliers for NPD/ formulation
- Review formulas and ingredient/ design statements for new product that is compliant
- Conduct or work with contract manufacturer for efficacy assessment, literature review,
product trial and testing.
- Work with contract manufacturers for safety assessment and stability study of products.
- Define critical attributes of final products, work with Quality team to finalise product
master specifications and list of required lab tests.
- Work with Regulatory Affairs to finalise label text of products and with designer for
- Technical resource for Regulatory Affairs, including providing technical document such
as formula, raw material COA, efficacy, stability and safety information.
- Research market prices, create accurate product costing data and propose product
- Present new product for management’s review.
- New product introduction:
- Technical resource for Marketing, including providing technical brief or info sheet of
- Conduct product training as part of professional education to regional trainer/ marketing
team and key leaders of salesforce.
• Post-launch product management:
- Reassess industry movement and re-evaluate competitor actions.
- Analyse product performance, profit and loss, and identify actions required.
- Manage incremental improvement for existing products.
- Liaise with contract manufacturers for necessary formula-related matters.
- React to necessary corrective and preventive actions (CAPA) raised by Quality.
- Contribute for and implement standard procedures (in compliance with industrial standards and QMS requirements) for any product development and management activities or as assigned.
- Perform other duties and projects as necessary to meet company goals.
- Good Science Honours Degree in Nutrition or relevant fields. Certified nutritionist a plus.
- Preferably with experience in product development/ management in the nutraceutical/
- dietary supplement industry.
- Self-starter, good at working well independently with initiatives.
- Meticulous & detail-oriented.
- Product/ project management skills; planning & time management skills.
- Analytical & problem-solving skills.
- Professional communication & negotiation skills; proficient in English and Chinese.
- Strong interpersonal skills to connect with people from different cultures and levels, both internally and externally.
- Travelling is expected.