CONSTRUCTION / BUILDING / ENGINEERING
DESCRIPTION OF ROLE
Develop and maintain Project Cost Controls System and Management Reporting for project value less than Eur150M. To ensure the completeness and accuracy of revenue and cost are reported on timely basis.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ACTIVITIES
The employee’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
· Liaise with Procurement & Subcontracts Leads and Project Managers to review and set up Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) and Work Package / project budgets.
· Preparing reports on revenue (as sold), internal budgets, commitments, budget transfers, change and variation orders; forecasts and cash-flows in-line with internal management reporting requirements;
· Monitors and updates the actual and committed cost periodically and analyses these costs and trends;
· Verify cost allocations according to Work Package;
· Prepare monthly Cost Report (Ms Excel or EcoSys) and GPR, and Client’s Reports as required;
· Prepare monthly Cash Flow and 15 weeks Cash Flow
· Monitor and identify variance from project current budget and previous EAC and report accordingly;
· Maintain Change Order, Budget Transfers, Trends Register and prepare supporting documents;
· Assist PMs and Project Commercial Managers with estimates and supporting documentation for CO to be submitted to Clients;
· Prepare billing memo with supporting documents for Finance to prepare invoices and entries into SAP;
· Internal liaison with Finance/Procurement/Operations to maintain efficient & accurate recording of cost expenditure and manage discrepancies for preparation of accurate and complete cost reports;
· Troubleshoot cost abnormalities in reporting data and liaise with relevant parties as necessary;
· Provide the support to Finance for External Audit and Tax Audit;
· Support Project Manager with risk process and maintain an updated risk register;
· Support Project Manager to coordinate with all disciplines and providing input to the Manpower Management System (MMS);
· Prepare Project and Management ad hoc reports;
· Assist Senior Project Controls Manager to coordinate with SEA projects for cost report, GPR and risk register and prepare consolidation reports.
· Flexibility regarding physical location(s) where duties will be carried out i.e. working in multiple locations throughout Singapore.
· International work assignments – Whilst not compulsory, a willingness to accommodate would be mutually beneficial.
· Due to the complex and fast track nature of many of Exyte’s Projects an extensive period of familiarisation is required. Hence it is envisaged that there will be a gradual transfer into all of the roles and responsibilities stated herein.
Working Experience Preferred:
· Minimum 10 years working experience in engineering & construction environment and minimum 5 years of cost control experience.
· Must be fluent in the English language and be an effective communicator.
Academic and Professional Qualifications:
· Diploma in Engineering or Science
Computer / IT Skills:
· High level of Competency in the use of MS Excel (Intermediate to Advance), Power Point and Word.
· Experience in ERP System (SAP preferred) and Cost Control System (EcoSys preferred)