CONSTRUCTION / BUILDING / ENGINEERING
Primary Purpose of the Role
Working in partnership with the country’s leadership team, Shared Services and the global Vice President Compliance, the role is responsible for managing the full range of matters related to compliance, governance, investigations, and compliance training.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Establish, maintain and improve the company’s Compliance Management System in close collaboration with the Corporate Compliance Department in the Headquarter in Stuttgart, Germany and establish the regulatory compliance program, e.g. Personal Data Protection, Document Retention etc.;
· Execute periodic compliance audit program;
· Initiate and support policy developments and enhancement and challenge existing practices and procedures, make recommendations in accordance with best industry practice;
· Keep key stakeholders updated on regulatory requirements or changes and ensure compliance;
· Prepare Compliance Documentation for statutory, legal and regulatory purposes.
· Promote compliance culture and risk awareness across different levels of staff and to promote an open environment for raising concerns;
· Drive best practices, operational excellence and process improvements;
2. Data Protection
· Support to lead, train and guide the Data Protection committee on the implementation of data protection initiatives and compliant to data protection requirements.
· Respond to enquiries, requests or feedback on personal data protection matters; facilitate escalation when necessary.
· Work with the Global Data Protection Officer for harmonization of data protection requirements.
· Manage and review data requests, processes, policies and standards while exerting tight control to prevent any data loss or breach within the company.
3. Risk Identification, Monitoring and Evaluation
· Provide strategic and tactical advice to business units on Compliance risks that may affect the company, and monitor the process in managing risk mitigation plans;
· Support the global Annual Compliance Risk Assessment program towards ensuring that risks and potential red flags are assessed and managed to an acceptable risk level;
· Manage investigations in accordance with the Company’s Investigations Policy.
· Ensure effective communications with local and foreign regulators and legal bodies, where needed.
· Write investigation reports, provide guidance to stakeholders concerned in regard to the follow-up actions, and monitor the closure of follow-up actions.
5. Training and Education
· Conduct new employee orientation trainings on the Company’s Code of Conduct, Anti-Corruption and other compliance related topics;
· Prepare relevant trainings materials as required;
· Develop an annual compliance training calendar;
· Ensure timely completion of the compliance training by all employees in the respective countries responsible.
- Other projects and tasks as required from time to time;
Key Skills and Competencies
· Solid understanding of Anti-corruption (including FCPA and UK Bribery Act), Personal Data Protection and other regulatory requirements;
· Hand on experience in audit, investigation, training, policy development and process improvement;
· Strong interpersonal, negotiation, organizational and report writing skills;
· Attention to detail;
· Understanding of local labour laws and experience in the engineering & construction / real estate industry is preferred.
· Compliance, Fraud, Forensic or Internal Audit experience in multinational companies.
· Minimum 5 years of relevant experience (Big 4 experience preferred).