ENGINEERING, MARINE / OFFSHORE ENGINEERING
view more roles: www.blueboxjobs.com
· Report to, and provide support to the Project Manager/Engineering Manager in the delivery of the engineering effort on a project or in a tender and report to the Location Engineering Manager at the basis level.
· Responsible for the overall engineering activities including interface coordination. The Project Engineering Manager will organise and co-ordinate the engineering team with the main objective to fulfil Company’s expectations related to securing overall design integrity, constructability, maintainability, overall HSE goals and minimum weight.
· Interface between Engineering and the other disciplines on the project including Project Controls, Project Management, Procurement, Contracts, Construction, suppliers and the client team
· Ensure that the engineering disciplines are manned with adequate resources with the suitable competence to achieve the engineering schedule commitments
· Implementing a project/ process audit and verification plan for engineering and ensuring that design verification activities (discipline and interdisciplinary checks etc.) are adequate and carried out as required
· Supervise/Prepare Project scopes, schedules, execution plans and budgets for the project in conjunction with Engineering discipline leads
· Responsible for timely production of all engineering deliverables within his/her assigned area.
· Ensure all engineering interface requirements and identified and that timely and accurate information is available.
· Managing and facilitating communication across the engineering functions to ensure that the project objectives and needs are met.
· Ensuring that engineering activities are carried out according to plan, budget and agreed scope of work or raise change flags for further handling by change management. Identifying and implementing recovery measures, if required.
· Collaborate with Engineering Discipline Leads and Project Engineers to achieve lowest cost technical solutions
· Optimizing method, efficiency and productivity within the engineering organisation.
· Responsible for the administration and follow-up of the deviation/ concession system and Technical Clarifications towards Client
· Responsible to demonstrate and reinforce good management principles and behaviour to the engineering disciplines
· Assist in arranging various workshops and design/model reviews
· Ensuring the risk/opportunity management procedure as described in the management system Way We Work (W3) and Company’s Risk Management guidelines is implemented & followed.
· Coordinate with engineering team to identify risks and opportunities, evaluate the consequences and register them in the Risk Database. Follow up on and ensure closure of mitigation actions.
· Arrange lessons learnt workshops for the FEED and Execute phases with engineering. Follow up with discipline leads that relevant lessons learnt are implemented in the design to ensure Start-up Excellence
· Assist Project Manager in Project Close out
· Minimum of 15 years of experience having worked in an engineering setup for upstream oil & gas projects (Platforms & FPSOs) with significant experience working as a Project Engineering Manager
· Prior work experience with medium/ large sized brownfield and/or Greenfield projects in the upstream Oil and Gas sector with similar roles and accountabilities and possess an excellent understanding of project phases, milestones, deliverables and internal and external interfaces.
· Possess a thorough understanding and knowledge of oil and natural gas industry standards such as, but not limited to, API (American Petroleum Institute), ISO (International Organisation for Standardisation), NORSOK, EU Directives, ATEX, IEC
· Experienced in participating in and contributing to project workshops such as Design Reviews
· Familiar with and competent in planning, progress monitoring, forecasting and reporting