Leading an accounting team, you will be responsible in (1) ensuring that the Singapore entities within the Group comply with the local legal and tax regulation; (2) payables and cash flow management; and (3) implement initiatives that drive effectiveness and efficiencies of the finance organization in supporting the Group’s expansion plan.
Financial/Tax and Management Reporting
· Supervise the Singapore team in timely preparation of accurate monthly and annual accounts for local entities and ensure quarterly GST compliance.
· Assist in the preparation of Group consolidation and supporting schedules
· Prepare local annual statutory accounts
· Liaise with local auditor and overseas subsidiaries in ensuring Group audit is completed on time for compliance with local regulations.
· Provide guidance to accounting team on financial and accounting related issue
· Monitor actual spending vs approved vessel budget and prepare monthly management reports and analyse major variances
· Maintain chart of accounts for all entities within the Group and related companies
· Ensure bank compliance and prepare information for external parties.
· Assist Head of Finance in preparing relevant data or document for tax compliance.
Debtors and Cash flow Management
· Monitor and review of receivables and follow up with commercial/vessel rep on over dues and take necessary actions to manage credit risk
· Ensure purchase invoices are authorised and approved for payment processing
· Liaise with overseas subsidiaries regarding intercompany billing and payments
· Lead the implementation projects that drives efficiency of accounting and finance function such as implementation of accounting software
Policies, Procedures and Controls
· Prepare accounting and finance SOP
· Implement procedures to manage operational and financial risks
· Other ad-hoc duties as assigned
· Qualifications : Degree in Accounting or Finance or its equivalent
· Experience : At least 7 years of relevant accounting experience in offshore marine industry
· Good working knowledge of accounting standard and GST regulation
· Possess a keen eye for detail and desire to probe further into data
· Able to hands-on and deadline oriented
· Strong people management, interpersonal and good communication skill– both written and verbal.