More Jobs at: www.blueboxjobs.com
- Responsible for performing global structural analysis and design calculations of HVDC converter platforms of offshore wind projects, topsides of fixed platforms and FPSOs using SESAM software package in a multi-discipline engineering environment, preparation of calculation reports, MTO, review of the comments from client and verification bodies and incorporating them in the design and reports
- Provide input for 3D modelling and drawing preparation, Checking of drawings, Review of vendor drawings and Inter-discipline Activities
- Report to, and provide support to the Lead Structural Engineer on assigned projects and report to the Head – Structural Engineering at the basis level. Perform structural analysis and calculations of primary, secondary and outfitting (tertiary) steel as assigned by the lead engineer or supervisor in a project. Be flexible to accommodate the changes in roles and responsibilities as needed, while working in a project.
- Be responsible for the technical correctness, quality and progress of the structural engineering scope and tasks assigned in a project and issue the structural deliverables as per project schedule and within man hours budget.
- Be responsible for the technical integrity of all structural engineering design activities and deliverables in the assigned tasks, through project lifecycle phases and for compliance to project specific performance, integrity, quality and HSE requirements relevant to assigned scope of work.
- Be a good team player, share information, contribute to positive working environment and promote cooperation
- Be familiar with and implement company work processes, procedures and quality policy as appropriate on assigned areas of projects.
- Review and provide technical inputs on Structural Engineering related technical matters to interfacing disciplines, in coordination with the Lead Structural Engineer, during the development of design on projects for assigned areas.
- Review and provide technical inputs to equipment/ package related technical matters, in coordination with the Lead Structural Engineer, during the development of equipment specifications, bid enquiry package, technical bid evaluations and provision of other necessary Structural engineering inputs for the purchase of equipment / packages for assigned areas.
- Be responsible for and manage the Structural Engineering technical interfaces with other contractors, equipment and package suppliers, in coordination with the Lead Structural Engineer, for assigned areas to ensure that the equipment and packages comply with the technical requirements & specifications of and to monitor the compliance to Client’s Basis of Design, Standards & Project Specifications.
- Be available to work in other locations of Aibel or client offices for a specified duration, if there is a requirement in the project
- Be responsible to ensure that all risks related to the assigned responsibility are identified, assessed and preventive measures are implemented in a timely manner when required in coordination with Lead Structural Engineer.
- Provide necessary technical support to the Lead/ Senior Structural Engineer to obtain necessary approvals from the verification body / classification society or other applicable approving authorities.
- Represent Structural Discipline in meetings, discussions, audits, verifications, workshops and technical reviews that relates to Structural Engineering on assigned areas and be responsible for effective and timely resolution of technical issues identified as required.
- Continuously seek to improve discipline working methods, tools and procedures and contribute actively to “Discipline Development” and “Experience Transfer”.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- A total experience in the range of 10 to 14 years, serving in the capacity of senior structural engineer, performing structural analysis and design calculations in a multi-discipline engineering setup for offshore wind and oil & gas projects.
- A minimum of 6 years of experience in Offshore wind and Upstream oil & gas projects, performing global structural analysis and design of offshore structures like HVDC platforms of offshore wind, topsides of fixed and floating structures using SESAM software package.
- Experience and knowledge in using SESAM software package is mandatory.
- Applicant must have experience in
- Performing global finite element analysis, global hydrodynamic analysis, fatigue analysis and stability analysis using SESAM software
- Performing web frame analysis and buckling check calculations
- Performing global structural analysis of Topsides modules
- Local design calculations
- Providing input to designers for modelling and structural detailing
- Checking of structural drawings and preparation of MTO
- Review of vendor drawings and multi-discipline interfaces
- Exposure to international standards such as NORSOK, DNV and Eurocodes for structural design is required.
- Experience in offshore wind projects (renewables) and greenfield offshore oil & gas projects in various phases like FEED, Basic and detailed engineering phases.
- Possess an excellent understanding of structural analysis and design of offshore structures and multi-discipline interfaces
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Structural engineering.
- Advanced level analysis skills in SESAM software Package and a minimum of 6 years of experience.
- Experience is developing spreadsheets using Mathcad is required.
- Basic working knowledge of 3D softwares like E3D / PDMS and Navisworks is required.
- Knowledge in other structural analysis softwares in SACS will be an added advantage
- A strong background in structural mechanics and structural behavior of offshore structures is mandatory
- Self-starter with minimal supervision, make sound decisions, take independent action, analyse problems and provide focused solutions to assigned projects.
- Good inter-personal and communication skills and be able to work well with people at all levels in the organization.
- Effective in written and verbal communication skills to write project reports and present technical issues to the design team and external parties.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.