More Jobs at: www.blueboxjobs.com
This position is responsible for overseeing the construction and coordination of the Mechanical Systems delivery by the Main Contractor and subcontractors on the project in accordance to the contract requirements.
- Schedule daily and routine technical site visits, inspections and progress update reports on ongoing works.
- Coordination and oversight of Main Contractor and subcontractor project execution
- Monitor project implementation schedules. Work with Project Scheduler to validate program master schedule and detailed MEP project program and prepare status reports and performance evaluation of Mechanical Engineering works.
- Monitor project schedule execution and oversee performance to ensure on time, quality and on budget project delivery
- Plan and oversee construction, installation, testing and commissioning functions for all Mechanical Engineering equipment
- Review subcontractor claims and invoices for accuracy and completion in support of in-house QS and cost control team
- Verify the contractor’s completed works are in line with contract requirements with tandem communication, coordination and integration with other SJ site technical teams
- Create project commissioning plans and system specific templates and testing to verify and confirm project equipment performance and operation
- Coordinate with client’s representatives on H&S (Health and Safety) requirements and contractor response and compliance.
- Review submitted contractor proposals and submissions for Detailed Design, IFC and Shop Drawings with stipulated timelines with clear records of written identification and recording of non-compliant details to safeguard the Client’s interests.
- Review and assessment of all Mechanical Engineering related Material Samples submissions to confirm compliance with project and contract requirements with close coordination with other technical teams to ensure materials and works integration compliance.
- Provide constant communication and project progress reports and ongoing status updates to client via the SJ Project Management team
- Oversee various project MEP contractors and client’s staff in the execution of their respective duties in the project
- Work directly with client, client staff, facilities management team and client appointed personnel to communicate, train and maintain new Mechanical equipment in the project.
- Maintain organized project files and relevant Mechanical Engineering information for reporting to client, project performance and other regular reporting requirements
- Attending regular meetings (on work progress, coordination, design, etc.) with Main Contractor and Client to discuss key issues related to the project and take effective corrective actions.
- Ensure all technical aspects of the projects are strictly complied with and in conformity with Conditions of Contract, Particular Specifications, General Specifications, Contract Drawings & BOQ.
- Provide guidance, managerial, technical support to complete project team on Mechanical and related matters.
- Provide input on project risks analysis with respect to Mechanical construction matters and project controls KPI's.
- Prepares NCRs based on Site Observation Reports of noncompliant work practices not consistent with approved contractor’s QA / QC submittals for PM’s review and issue to contractor.
- Mentors and provides knowledge transfer of skills to local construction supervision Engineers in project team under his / her supervision
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical or Construction Engineering.
- Project Management certification or ability to obtain one is an advantage.
- 10+ years’ experience in Mechanical Engineering Construction engineering position, airport construction experience is an advantage.