CONSTRUCTION / BUILDING / ENGINEERING
Essential Job Functions:
The Accounts Assistant/ Officer is responsible, but not limited to, the following:
• Performs Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable and General Ledger functions of assigned projects.
• Maintains accuracy of project costing of assigned project(s) and distributes monthly project cost reports to respective job site Accounts Officers.
• Ensures compliance with accounting financial control procedures and systems.
• Maintains fixed assets register.
• Maintains bank book/ cashbook/ petty cash book.
• Prepares monthly petty cash and bank reconciliation.
• Prepares monthly balance sheet schedules.
• Reconciles client and major vendor accounts.
• Performs intercompany/ related party billings and reconciliations.
• Maintains the integrity of the accounting system by ensuring that accounting transactions are correctly posted and financial and management reports are produced on a timely basis.
• Assists in the preparation of forecast.
• Assists in project closing monthly, quarterly and yearly closing of accounts for Japan Head Office reporting/ management reporting and statutory compliance.
• Compiles monthly report for submission to Japan Head Office.
• Maintains accounting system and backup.
• Assists in GST, income tax and other statutory compliance matters.
• Facilitates year-end audit; compiles and prepares supporting schedules, audit confirmations and other information/documents as required by auditors.